Whoopsy:

You know, no matter how vocal we are, we are just the minority in Porsche's clientele.

I chatted with them over the weekend, discuss how the 911 has grow 2 sizes bigger. The reply was that that's what the customers wants, they are breaking sales records year in and year out, so going bigger must be the correct direction mail

It would be the same thing with the muted exhaust note of the .2. 

Funny, I get the same from my Porsche contacts...3% and all. Smiley Maybe one reason they never officially invited me for those famous evaluations and pre-production show offs. Smiley

I do not think that the current 991 is too big. The rear seats could be a bit more comfortable, this is actually my only complaint. Yes, it isn't a small car but it drives like one and this is what counts.

Yes, I am pretty sure that Porsche did enough market research regarding the new bi-turbo charged engine and of course the "new" exhaust sound. Also, with the new engines, the 911 per se has entered a different performance category, even if we may not realize it yet. It is much easier now to provide more power at reduced production cost.

I still believe however that the n/a engines will get a lot of attention in the used car market, especially the last generation. I may be wrong about this but we are going to learn more over time.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)