John H:

Firstly, my apologies to 'grease' - I really didn't mean to go off-topic..

Also to Gnil - I was a bit offended by the "so go figure..." remark as, in English, it's a somewhat derogatory statement meaning, in essence, "I know better than you, so why don't you try to work it out!" 

In retrospect, we've been communicating amicably, here on R/T, for over a decade and I should have realised that it was a language thing!  So, apologies for my reaction...wink

I just wish I could speak your language as fluently as you speak mine...

We all are friends here and while I know that my bluntness and language sometimes offends others, same goes for other users, may it be a language issue or not, I think that 99% of us longtime users and moderators mean no harm or insults. We are like a big family talking to each other, sometimes forgetting that in real life, we aren't actually that close, so there is a lot of room for misunderstanding.

Long story short: I haven't really encountered any ill meant insults from longtime users, just accidental ones or ones which may be related to the fact that English isn't always the mother language or that we consider each other to be friends or family and I doubt that we treat our friends and family always as "distant" and "respecful" as we do with complete strangers. Just saying...

Smiley

P.S.: @Gnil. Fine is never good enough for a woman. Never ever. You need to use the words "amazing", "breathtaking" or "beautiful". I learned that the hard way in a marriage of over 22 years. Smiley Sometimes I ask my wife if she wants my honest opinion or not and in 99% of the cases, she says "not". Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)