GM Austin:
RC:

If I had a lot of money and if I would be someone who loves risks, I would probably take my chance and buy BMW and Daimler stocks at the current (or better lower...over the next days?) values. Long-term gain should be nice but I do not expect any gains soon because it may take weeks or months until all investigations are over.

Btw: A customer of mine just told me that he bought VW, at a very high recommendation of his bank, last week at around 165 EUR. Now the stock is worth 127 EUR, 38 EUR less and he hasn't sold yet. Smiley He put all half of his life savings into the stock (not sure how much this is but definitely a lot for him), poor guy. I told him to ask a lawyer if he can do something about it but I highly doubt it.

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

That is some seriously irresponsible investment advice.  You should never have that much invested in a single stock.  Professional financial advisors are subject to having their certification revoked if a client has even 50% of their investments in a single stock.  

It wasn't me (thanks god, I would never put half my life savings in a car stock Smiley) but VW is a "national institution" here and was highly recommended by many banks. I am pretty sure that if it is true and that customer of mine put half his money into VW stocks only, a lawyer may be able to help (this is why I recommended it). However, I think that every customer needs to sign some sort of advisory document (personally, I have a general waiver because I cannot lose time for this crap and they categorized me into a professional trader group Smiley), so the bank is in the green when something bad happens. Only a lawyer can help him though.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)