pmarkow:

instead of test-driving the 488 GTB i test-drove the lambo hurricane extensively today. here is the low-down: excellent damping, very heavy and somewhat artificially steering feel (4WD effect?), highly responsive engine but i don't like that artificial burbling (reminded me of the turbo S), don't like the engine sound really at all - ferrari 8 cylinder sounds much better IMHO. the gearbox has that stupid thing of moving the car from standstill even when the driver is off the accelerator...it felt like any carrera - not good. poor vision sideways and almost no vision back. the interior is full of cheap plastic, toyota style, funny switches everywhere and octagons all around. exterior styling: i like it a lot, just the impersonation of a supercar. but i felt being totally anonymous in the 458 in comparison to driving the huracan: people very often just stare at you in disbelief. luggage space: close to non-existing. all in all the 8-cylinder ferrari feels much better in any respect. i would not even trade a 458 italia for a huracan.

i had just as much fun in the layman GTS i drove recently - don't misunderstand me though, the hurricane is very fast, about turbo S level. 

so the speciale remains the best car i have ever driven, i scold myself every day for not getting one.

Love the Huracan. But if I'm gonna go lambo I'd rather go with a reg Avantador coupe. what a monster !!