sfo:

BMW M has lots its way

There isn't a single M car, and not a single BMW that I am interested in.

Same here. Smiley

Actually, the new X5 M is quite interesting because it looks good, it has an amazing performance (for a SUV) and a much more attractive price tag than the Cayenne Turbo or other competitors for example. However, the exhaust sound is ridiculous for such a powerful car with a V8.

Other than that, I have no desire to get a BMW M model (or any BMW) right now. They look and are boring. Drove a 135M last year, fun car for the money but still, after a couple of weeks, I would feel bored. Liked the M6 Cab but again, after a while, I would be bored with the car, no real sound and everything else looks and feels like an ordinary 6 series.

These cars have no emotion to offer, only raw performance and some nice drive feel. This can't be everything.

A friend who drives a BMW 3 series drove a Boxster S for a weekend, kind of my birthday present for him. I couldn't get him out of the car and for the first time he said that he understands why I love Porsche. Completely different emotional level (and unfortunately also different price level).

The last M car I liked was the M3 Coupe with the V8 engine. What a wonderful combination. Also always wanted to get myself a Z3M Roadster but never found one in good shape or at an attractive price tag. Should have bought one when I had the chance.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)