RC:

Many cars seem to be dealer show room cars, I get the feeling that the dealers tried to sell them at a premium this summer but didn't succeed. Also, now that the 4C Spider is available, this could be a another reason.

The order system for the coupe was frankly chaotic so many of these dealer cars may well be customer spec'ed orders where the original customer gave up on all hope of the car ever appearing. The car on display in my dealer's showroom for example was ordered by a customer in January 2014 with an anticipated delivery of December 2014. The car finally arrived at the dealer in July this year by which time the original buyer had understandably lost patience and bought another car. The communication from Italy over this period of 18 months was almost non existent I believe. It seems Alfa simply were not geared up to launch this car across the number of markets they did and in the process have managed to disappoint a whole raft of buyers eager to get their hands on a car. This has not helped build brand image by any stretch but those owners who do persevere generally love the car.