WAY:
bluelines:
WAY:

Just waiting for someone to run a GT4 and Spyder together and make a video like that!

Yes, looking forward to this too. But... is there any functionally relevant difference between the Spyder and the GTS other than the 3.8l engine and manual gearbox? So, it will be a bit faster than the GTS thanks to the extra power, but a bit slower due to the manual gearbox (I would actaully love to see a GTS PDK versus GTS manual test to see the exact benefit of PDK).

If it is not intended as a track car I would get the Spyder over the GT4 any day. Unless you live in alaska the open top beats all irrelevant performance numbers on the road. On the track, well all these comparisons are no difference than the GT3 versus Carrera comparisons. A Carrera with power kit and driving goodies is not far off a GT3 on the track, but it will never feel like a GT3.

Agree, except I think you may be surprised how much the Spyder would feel like the GT4 due to having the same steering, gear box, engine and exhaust system! All my GT3s feel different from my Carreras of past because they have very heavy clutch, clunky gearbox, direct steering, and of course the firmer ride and more solid pedal feel through the brakes too. I think the Spyder will feel the same as the GT3 in most of those areas with the exception of maybe the brakes (I'm just guessing obviously as I've driven neither of these cars) so the comparison is no longer like a GT3 vs a Carrera. 

Yes and no... much of that difference in feel between the GT3 and the Carrera comes from the completely different suspension parts and aggressive setup. It is the reason the steering feels so direct in the GT3, it is the reason you feel every little bump in the road, it affects the entire handling (and feeling) of the car. 

The biggest difference, and more or less only Motorsport part on the GT4, is the suspension. The Spyder does not have this, it has the regular non-PASM -20mm suspension and hence I believe it behaves and feels more like a powerful GTS. The directness in the chassis, steering and gearbox will never be the same (not saying it is bad in any way, it will simply not feel like the GT4, for much the same reason a Carrera will not feel like a GT3). The open roof is for me a much more important feature of the Spyder. It beats all other feelings Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM