Mithras:

RC, come on...

The guy is apparently a very down to earth and modest car guy who is also active on a number of forums. He just happens to have a fair amount of money because he worked for a company that went public and his stock options made him an instant multi millionaire. From what I know of him he's just a normal nice guy that hasn't changed much once he made his money. 

Maybe he doesn't really care that he's bald and maybe his wife is wearing a long skirt because it's hot in Italy compared to San Francisco and a light, cool skirt is more comfortable and more modest when she invariably has to climb into those seats for all the pictures I'm sure they took. 

He bought the 599X at a charity event and was going to Italy for a track event, his wife felt left out so he took her with him and in secret bought her the new one so she could have a car too. Pretty cool husband if you ask me. And the fact that on her first day she was only 3 seconds off the track record tells me she's a pretty good wife!kiss

Read the story ...she changed from this skirt into her driving suit and quickly came within three seconds of the best time this twitchier track- only version car has run at Fiorano...with no prior seat time . She would outrun most of us here...forget about OUR wives .

There are lots of "  fast moms " in SV with more training and track time than any of us here. Many are former electrical engineers in their 40s who made instant fortunes 10-20 years ago in the  hundreds of start ups that were bought before IPO and that you have never heard of , esp when networking and IC hardware for smart electronics were blooming . The mom of a daughters  friend owns  stable of cars incl a black Enzo , helicopters , etc., and has a video of herself going 200 mph and whooping at the Texas Mile in her Lambo . Being professionals or engineers, they love talking handling friction circles , etc ! 

Funny...in my neighborhood, 80 % of moms dont  work anymore due to their past  or their husbands current tech  careers.. .but the majority of them have medical, law, doctorates in STEM fields . They just chose to raise kids and be soccer moms . 

Bimbos  or trophy wives would stick out like like trailer trash around Palo Alto.