macca993:

I dont think its possible to get an unbiased view from an owner of a GT4, nor a GT3. I think one has to own and live with both to have the most valid view. I think its only human we will be bias towards what we own. 

Here are some interesting views from a few folk who own both. Im curious to know if their position changes over time....

http://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/887611-i-might-drop-my-gt3-for-a-gt4-am-i-crazy-3.html

Yep, I've followed this thread as well.  I will be very interested to find out for myself (yet to drive a GT4).  Weight & size is an important issue for me (I wish the GT4 was even smaller, but I am happy as is).  While the difference may not be night/day, I am thrilled that the much less expensive car has the better spec here.  Having a manual gearbox was a deal-breaker for me - to find that the smaller/lighter car with the much lower price was the one with my preferred gearbox was a very welcome surprise.  That they made it Manual-only is even a cherry on top.  The GT3 costs 50% more than GT4.  It appears (for the short term at least) that the GT4 will not be hit with the typical depreciation curve of a new car.

While the GT3 is clearly the faster car, the GT4 is showing itself to be a very formidable performer (similar to 997 GT3, and maybe even better on a tight/technical track like my home track).

There are rumors that the 991.2 facelift will offer a GT car of some sort with a manual gearbox.  But its rumored price is almost 3 times as much as GT4.  This confirms my decision (can't afford 3x the price).

The GT4 is unique in having the most compact dimensions in the Porsche lineup (and I find the design extremely attractive).  It is unique in offering a wonderful shifting manual in a GT car.  It has the distinction of having the best brakes ever put on a road legal Porsche (same as those on an RS, but on a car with 115hp fewer and less weight).  It has the only racing bucket seats ever offered on a Porsche that fit me well and give helmet room (and look great).  And it costs under $85k (15% less than the least expensive GT car before and without adding 12 years of inflation).  And I got an early allocation with Euro Delivery close to my 50th birthday.

I am thrilled that all these stars lined up together to make this possible.  I know the GT4 is not perfect, but not sure I could have hoped for a better scenario (or even one this good).Smiley

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550