Gnil:
Grant:
Gnil - I think this fundamental distinction will remain.  For those who have spent years learning to properly drive a 911 on track (i.e. when faced with a life/death moment, one's immediate instinct is to press the throttle instead of the brake), I think the GT4 may not give the same sort of payoff.

The GT4's character is more "playful" than "rewarding" or "challenging" like an older GT3.

But one thing that a GT4 does have going for it more than a new GT3 is its smaller size and weight.  Its more like an older 911 in this regard, as the 991 chassis has grown quite a bit.

I had two of those intense moments Smiley And yes, my instinct was to do what is abnormal, press the throttle and not slam on the breaks ! Makes it even scarier !!! Smiley

The 911 has become too big, I agree . But maybe the challenge now, as generally it got so much easier with the new chassis and all the electronic aids ,  is to handle this big car fast and properly 

Yes, big, heavy and electronic aids sound like a recipe for fun Smiley Smiley

I think this evolution of the GT3 was inevitable and I don't see a change of direction in the future. The GT4 will sadly follow in it's footsteps. More power, more weight, more aids. Because magazine tests and lap times rule. It will be interesting to hear what people say about the RS once the initial excitement has calmed down. Is it the most rewarding and challenging GT3 out there or will people start to look at the 997 RS again for this experience...

Personally, my GT4 is getting more fun by the day and the gap between it and the 991 C4S steadily growing. The latter is slowly turning into a snoozefest, which I could never ever have imagined a year ago. Relative to the GT4 it feels too big, too heavy and have too many electronic aids. While it is the ultimate everyday all-year-round sports car, something is missing... something which the GT4 offers in abundance. As you might have guessed, someone has started to scan the car ads angry Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM