Whoopsy:

It is subjective. To me the RS drives like any other 911, but has better turn in, it just bites and turn. Brake, turn-in, right back on the gas to load up the rear and power out, highly 'chunk-able'. It doesn't mind being manhandled, no need to be gentle with it. I call it the punching bag, it will silently absorb everything I throw at it without protest.

Can't do that with my Speciale, the Ferrari prefer gentle movements, smoothness. it doesn't like being throw around. It will tell me if I am out of line by stepping the tail out a bit on turn-ins. Mid engine cars. They like to rotate. Very enjoyable too with it flowing from one corner to the next, very rewarding also to catch the little tail waggles. 

In the end, 2 different layout demands 2 different driving styles. 

Actually, I had to adapt to 3 different driving style between my cars. I am used to 911s, so that's my standard. In the Speciale, 12C, and in a way the 918, I am sitting closer to the front wheels than in a 911, so from my eyes perspective, I need to remind myself to turn-in a little bit later than 'normal' in order to have the front wheels where I want, in my F12 it's the opposite, I am sitting so far behind the front wheels that I need to remind myself to turn-in a lot earlier than I normally do in a 911.

this is a very good description of how engine layout impacts driving styles.

enjoy the car,

peter

ps: to be honest, i'd get an RS now in a heartbeat if the let me have one....but it seems they don't:::((((