Dont forget that (not only) modern cars and their performance depend a lot on tires.

Ive started on my 12C with standard P Zeros and it made the car look bad performance and traction wise. After 2500km i switched to Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 and boy what a difference. Driven the tire through 6 trackdays and 14000km and i was very happy with the overall feel. Now i switched to Pirelli Trofeo R (standard on 675LT) and they are even (not by much) better.

So many journalists and also testdrives compare the feeling between a 12C on P Zero a 650S on P Zero Corsa and a 675LT on Trofeo R. And after extensive time in the 650S its mainly the tire where all the magic comes from.

The Aventador SV time on NBR for example was done with development tires for future Trofeo R. No wonder it was that fast. Flugplatz corner with 200 kn/h. The Cayman GT4 on Cup2 has done the corner with 180 km/h. Thats nearly 20km/h more and that difference comes mainly from the tire. The SV with Cup2 or regular Trofeo R is imho good for 7:20-7:25 not more.