Milanno:

Lets put things this way - what would happen if Porsche decides to drop Cayenne & Panamera? You will get your answer why those cars were introduced in first place 

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

Now it is too late, Porsche is a stock company now and dropping the Cayenne and Panamera would drive them into bankruptcy pretty fast. Also, what sense would it make to drop these cars now?

Ferrari has done it right, from an enthusiast's point of view. They stayed small, even if they always had their back covered by mother Fiat. I doubt that Ferrari is as profitable as Porsche, probably not by a long shot but they are getting by quite well and the new 488 and the upcoming F12 Speciale or GTO or whatever it will be called, are amazing products for somehow "affordable" money.

If I had 200k now and I had to choose between a 991 Turbo S and a 488, I know exactly what I would get.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)