Milanno:

reginos My point of view is that Porsche should be more focused on its core values because those things made them famous in first place (simplicity, lightness, tech from motor-sport). Rohrl was & he will always be superb driver, he is not accountant. He is pointing on stuff that is missing in recent Porsche plans when it comes to developing sports-cars.

Porsche is HIGHLY profitable company, yet they are still busy counting profit while their cars are getting fatter & fatter with more complex technology to hide that fatness.

The problem is that a lot of that "fatness" is related to laws and regulations (crash durability for example, pedestrian protection and so on...).

Maybe you should compare my 991 C4 GTS with a BMW M4 Cabriolet. The BMW weights...hold your breath...230 kg more and it doesn't even have AWD. Yes, it has a different roof system but still... Smiley 

So compared to the competition, Porsche models are actually quite light but I am pretty sure that for this kind of money, Porsche can do better. I expect weight savings of at least 50 kg with the next generation, the 992.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)