TB993tt:

Porsche are limited by the VTG turbo size available, the biggest hot side developed so far is the GT2 version which is currently used in the 991 Turbo S. We have seen the limit of this is about 620PS as in the GT2RS. It is not dead simple to make a bigger VTG hot side for petrol engines they use exotic metals and get very hot indecision

The biggest issue in the current 991 Turbo/S is the size of the fuel injectors. They are at the limit. No more than 600 hp possible and if tuners claim more than 600 hp, I would love to see the performance results. So far, I haven't seen any tuned 991 Turbo/S to be more than a second faster from 0-200 kph than stock (I am talking about head to head comparison). Tuners would actually need "only" 50-60 hp more to achieve that.

I am expecting an amazing performance from the next generation Turbo S if the rumors I heard are right.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)