acky:

Yes, this is a real advantage. Audis are always heavy. But look at the Golf R weight and when VW brings it to around 400HP.... Yes it's only a Golf, but half price to a well optioned Cayman.

The will only be a 50 to 100kg advantage to the coming M2 with 370HP and a base price around 54k. Hard times for a Cayman S/GTS. Of course not for the GT4....

As far as I know Porsche. They will not come with the 360HP version for the S or GTS.
Here I expect only the usual 10-15HP increases with FL.
My guess 335HP for the S, 350HP for the GTS, later a special edtion with 360HP. This are Cayman figures. Boxster as always 10HP less. This means 325HP for the Boxster S, fine but nothing to be euphoric. In this case no power/weight advantage to the M2 for the Cayman S and equality for the Cayman GTS, which will not be awailable before 2017.

If one only cares about power, then these other brands are a steal compared to the Cayman. Once you factor in handling things look very different.

Porsches were never about raw power. It is the complete package which sets the Cayman (and most other models) apart from the competition IMHO.

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM