macca993:

Totally agree Peter. However the GT series cars have always been numbers cars even if most of us can never come close to replicating the numbers.

The changes to the RS over the GT3 are significant (larger discplacement engine, 3 x the downforce, exotic materials, wider/larger hweels/tyres etc). I have not driven the new RS to determine how the car makes me feel. I can only go on extensive seat time in GT3, cosmetics, and the numbers that have been presented. 

Whereas the number for the GT4 have beaten my expectations the numbers for the RS have not. Cosmetically neither looks as good as a GT3 IMO. However until I get my GT4 I cant answer which makes me feel better.

All of this is academic and hyperbole at this point. 

On a different subject, what did you decide in the end? F488, F458 Speciale or 991 GT3 or 991 GT3RS?

hi mark,

i agree with you, it is fun to talk numbers but once in a while we have to take a reality check, don't we? in the end all those cars make one feel good....

on my side: i have turned down the GT3 since in less than two years there will be a 991.2 GT3 NA anyway....so it feels a  bit late to jump on the bandwagon. same holds for the 458 speciale. here is my list of preferences with comments:

1)ferrari F12 GTO (or VS): clearly on top of my list but only 25% chance that ferrari sells it to me. but working on it from all sides...

2)GT3 RS: very debatable but at least no great depreciation. (991.2 GT3 RS NA in about three years). anyway, also unlikely since i can't round up a car at list price (so far, maybe PAG will do the same as with the GT3, i.e. topping up the numbers at the end of the cycle)

3) most likely option Ferrari 488 GTB: leaves me rather cold despite of it all but the dealer promises a great part exchange deal when the 488 special version comes in 2-3 years.

the GT4 will make you feel great, i have no doubts.

peter