SA Super test 2013 showed GT3 (RS in brackets)

0-100 = 3.6 (3.6)

0-200 = 11.9 (11.6)

Ring = 7.32 (7.28 extrapolated)

Porsche can flash the ECU for SA so teh car is limited to 250 kmph. Means no need to anticipate just drive till it stops accelerating. I think this is only one particular area of the ring.

Looking at the SA traces around Hock for both cars (2013 & 2015) I was suprised to see the GT3 carrys more exit speed in a number of places than teh RS but the RS carrys more G than the GT3 in the majority of corners and of course it reachesa higher vMax down the  straights before braking again. This would tend to suggest only half of the improved performance over the GT3 is coming from the engine and the other half from the larger contact patch and aero. The Aero does not seem to give as much advantahe at the Ring or Hock as I would imagine. I personally believe the geometry and tyre sizes are making more difference than teh engine and the aro from the data that SA have presented...

One other point. I do not read German, but Ive been told there is mention of differences in temperature having possible effect. The GT3 was tested on the Ring and Hock at 15 & 17 Celcius and the RS at 17 and 22 Celcius. Mind you in reality every SA test has different temps and barametric pressure....

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014 991 GT3, 1994 993C2 6spd RS spec, 2016 Cayman GT4 (on order)