Futch:
Porker:
Futch:
pxaxh:

https://youtu.be/XaRjldAGMPU

What a beast. Truly remarkable car.

Beautiful video on a beautiful track. I sat in the LT when I was at one of MCL event at Silverstone and they got the ergonomics right, the driving position along with the pedals is just perfect. Sounds trivial but most manufacturers get it wrong.

There is a pretty good article in this month's Christophorus where M Webber drives the Boxster Spyder, first thing he raves on about is the ergonomics, the interaction between car and driver is through the seat, pedals and steering wheel/ feel.One of the reason why I really didn't like the Speciale and why the LFA is only a 9 out of 10 for me. 

Back to the LT, the specs are really good. The noise in the video is much better than what I heard when it was flying by at Silverstone, but it's a Turbo engine so you can't have it all. The weight though is very very impressive. 

Great people too. I think I might let myself get tempted...

If you end up getting one, I'd be interested to read you comparison on this vs. a Speciale. You would think the latter is the purer car...

Have you decided to make the jump on the P1 as well?

No I didn't do it in the end, I was offered a P1 XP, one of the early prototypes, but with a full factory refresh including the specs the costumer desires. I think Mclaren sells fvie of them. today F1 XP are worth more than normal F1, but the P1 is no F1, it's a great car I am sure, I like its design and specs but as a road car I reckon Laferrari is better and as a trackday car the LT should logically be better as it weights 200kg less.

The Speciale is too digital on the road and very noisy, on the track its drivetrain shines but it remains a bit too clinical for my taste even with all systems off, you still have a lot of assistance. And like a wrote, the driving position is not good and the seats are rubish.

Sounds reasonable to me, I still don't understand how they justify this to exisiting customers, suddenly there are a couple of additional P1's in the market... Smiley  Agree on the weight issue for a track-car and with 675ps the LT is hardly wanting for power either I'd say, at a fraction of the cost.

Funny with all these rave reviews one wouldn't hesitate twice to pick-up a Speciale, good to hear a critical voice now and then. Never tried any Ferrari before but I suppose I'd be missing the intimacy and communication an 911 RS offers...

--

2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring