vantagesc:
Mithras:

That's the thing though, easier to drive at an average of 100kph up that mountain road or doing a 1:45 minute lap of track x? Or easier to drive at 9/10ths? I would have to agree the "faster" car is going to be less stressed going a certain speed on a road or doing a certain lap time that the "slower" car. The first car you might only be doing 6/10ths to go that fast and the other 8/10ths...

I remember racing serous go-karts against some friends.  The first day, we were in the less powerful karts and I was at least 3-4 seconds off the really fast drivers.  The next day we switched to faster Rotax karts and I was only 1.5 seconds off the really fast drivers.  While it's true I could have improved from day 1 to day 2, I felt the faster karts were easier to drive because they had substantially more mid-range power which helped me dig out of corners and the punishment for not entering the corner at peak speed was much less.

That said, you are totally right...it could be a number of things.  And I'd only trust professional drivers because for us amateurs, the lack of ability to explore a car's limit comes into play.  The Chris Harris R&T points out that the RS is better balanced than the standard car because of more front end grip, so in that mind, it would make the car a bit easier to drive.  

Yes, usually you will have better lap time with a faster car , even as an amateur . But on the above article they were talking about  how easier it is to drive the RS at it's limits compared to the GT3 . Nothing to do with times . Just that the car is easier when you reach it's limits . I remember some test drivers mentioning , when they tested the GT3, that it can be tricky at it's limits . The RS is not .

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS on order delivery early Sept .