Oh, I beg to differ.  If you sell me an SUV, it should go on bad tracks.

Porsche used to mean robust, as it still does in 911's.  As you've seen in this thread and the last 2 before this, [and I know from 20 years] of blithely cruising 911's down really bad dirt roads in Wyoming etc,  We routinely were 50 miles in on dirt [graded at least once a year], not station tracks in 964's, 997's, 991's.  They are tough cars.

Contrast that with the emasculated SUV's that Porsche sells.  The original Cayenne went off road.  now Porsches, if you do the research, or try them, just dont cut it off road.  It's ironic that the gay pride and "industry"" show-off  suv of LA, the RR, as actually the best deep mountain rig you can buy, if you want luxury and highway speed as well.  Never in my life did I think I'd be ordering a RR,  but when the student is ready, the teacher appears.

When you pass Hunter Valley Station Homestead, and open the locked gate, the sign says:

TRACK SUITABLE ONLY FOR LANDROVER BEYOND THIS SIGN.

And they're not f.g  kidding.  It's not a Porsche road, but for Hilux, series 70, jeeps, and Landrover, which is a generic, kind of like Kleenex in the states, not like the generic "SUV" in the states which means car which looks like a 4wd off road capable rig but is not, that is... a fake.  Nick is right, to large degree.