kingjr9000:
pmarkow:
BiTurbo:

Since the old thread is gone....

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a24691/ferrari-engineers-dont-like-turbocharging/

Reading some of the reviews, it felt like a 991 Turbo was reborn in V8 form with a ferrari badge angry

Maybe I'm getting old, but I prefer N/a over Turbo as my weekend toy, not that the modern cars can't be driven on a daily basis, but I very much prefer a high-powered naturally aspirated engine over all the torque in the world you can squeeze out of a downsized engine with two turbochargers.

sorry, no....i must contradict. the 488 is a beautiful car and an excellent drive. it might not reach the level of excitement of the 458 generation but it has nothing whatsoever in common with the 991 turbo S. the latter is a messed up design and a super-boring drive with a sound generator for the passenger cabin. the 488 does everything better except probably wet traction. let us stay real in the judgement and not go astray too far.

peter

ok, so you're saying that its still a ferrari at heart, just now with a turboed heart?  Its not in any way similar in drive to a turbo s?  if you've driven the 650s, how does it compare to the 488?

i guess it is still a ferrari at heart. it sounds rather good, looks great and feels exciting. i cannot say this from the turbo S. how does it compare to the 650S? i must admit that my exposure to the 488 was not long enough to give a fair judgement. 

p