Rotbart:

What a race and a well deserved win for Porsche!

Watching the 919 around the slower corners it looked smoother than the R18, so Audi had to push harder to keep the pace I think, but still they were able to do quadruple stints on the tires all the time. Luckily for Porsche, I was surprised that Audi had the Gremlins this year, not them. In the end the only car that faced no issues during the 24 hours took the win, so the rules of endurance racing are still valid. Nevertheless it was great to see the cars at 100% during the whole race, especially those magnificent stints of Albuquerque, Tandy and again Lotterer.

Regarding GTE: A shame, both Futch's car and the Porsches had issues. 

@CGX car nut, LMP and GTE are two different programs and furthermore all three burning cars were of different spec, so I really wonder what was the issue.

I followed Le Mans radio during the race and the general consensus was that Porsche moved resources to the 919 and away from the other programs.  It was mentioned more than once and by several different commentators and appeared base on statements made by more knowledgeable individuals close to the programs.