reginos:

Carlos from Spain:
He was driving to the track at Braga and he had slicks on the car (Braga is very abrasive on street tires). I know exactly were that stretch of highway is, I drive through there every week in the 911, he wasn't going fast at all (140km/h aprox), you can go much faster through there confortably without problems. Judging by the shadows it was still moring (he is going northbound), so the road must of been cold and maybe a bit damp (that spot gets shade until noon) and not fit for slicks, but in my experience even if itts raining, with normal tires you can go faster than that without problmes there.

So, he didn't stop in order to have a look at the car since the cause was so obvious! Most probably to relieve himself after the scare.

It seems that he stopped to look around the car but quickly concluded it was all sure to the slicks and continued on his way, if you listen closely when he gets back in the car he says outloud something to the like "it was the slicks". I guess he did not think it was the slicks initially since it's kind of surprising that he lost control do easily, he was going very slow compared to what you can do there comfortably, but I guess that slicks cannot get enough temperature in those circumstances and doesn't take much to loose it on the first patch of dark or child tarmac you catch at speed. 

I had semi slicks on my sportbike precisely because at the braga track this guy was heading to was brutal on anything else than semi slicks, and in winter (even though they are mild here) there were times I had to tip toe on the street because you could just not get enough temperature on the tires for them to grip and if I didn't what happened to this guy would of happened to me on the bike. Today I would not put semi slicks on a car and much less on a bike myself.

--