The film applied to the front bumper and bonnet is a costly exercise. I used to have it done but gave up as the film discolours from bug splatter and the surface marks from it leaving small patches that stand out. The manufacturers claims that the yellow or red dye stains from insects will bleach out if the car is left in natural sunlight for up to 3 weeks. That's fine if you live in southern Spain or the US sunshine states etc but not much use in the UK smiley

I can live with a few stone chips on the front bumper or bonnet as they can be successfully touched in and made to be relatively hidden. Looking after the film so that it continues to look good is a real PIA on the front end. I could also get two very good bumper repaints done for the cost of a front end film protection kit.

Film applied to the sides does not take much insect damage so stays looking good far longer without any special after care techniques. It also protects the area on the car that really are vulnerable to road rash that you see very time you wash the car.