I was born with a passion for cars I think blush because when I was 3-4 years old I could identify all cars and models by name. I remember all my father's friends asking me and waiting for the correct answer. I also had a large collection of  toy cars. As a child we used to travel often to Athens and London and my main interest was looking at cars I hadn't seen before and finding out about them.

As a teenager I started reading avidly the English magazines, Autocar, Motor and CAR and dreaming of getting my driving license. I was too much into Alfa Romeo at the time because the dads of my two best friends drove Alfas (the real ones). I didn't think highly of German cars then and Ferrari was my dream. When I bought my first Alfa Romeo in London, a used GT1600 Junior, I was the happiest person in the world.

My passion for Porsche started with two stimulations:

• As a student in England, me and some friends we decided to travel through Europe by car (something old and slow) on our summer holidays. On the Furka Pass in Switzerland a yellow Targa with silver hoop passed us and disappeared being expertly driven up the Pass. Later on when we arrived at the cafeteria on top, the Porsche was there with the driver accompanied by a stunning blonde wearing tight beige jeans and a strategically unbuttoned blouse.  They spoke French. The whole set up i.e. the shape of the 911, the colour, the fast ascent, the sound and of course the woman all caught my imagination and that very scene is still with me after all these years. From that moment I forgot about Italian cars and Porsche caught my fancy. Funny but this car entered my subconscious.
  • The second influence was the Le Mans film, with Steve McQueen. I saw that film in a late night cinema in Manchester and confirmed my love affair with Porsche. I watch this film once a year at least.

Believe it or not when I think of a misfortune that could make me totally miserable, it is always something that would deprive me of the ability to drive. I also ride motorbikes and have a license to drive motorboats but cars are my passion. Many hobbies and sports have come and gone in my life but the only interest that has stayed with me from childhood is my love of the automobile. I wish my family were equally keen, but unfortunately they are not passionate enough surprise

--

"Form follows function"