My passion started at the age of 10 when a sister boyfriend arrived on his parent Saab 900 Turbo! The car was metalic blue with beautiful satin wheels. This was in 1980 and the first time he stepped on throtle I was hooked. The windows were closed and the sunroof was open, till today I still remember the wonderful noise the turbo made when it kicked in together with the "punsh in the back feeling", it was simply glorious. I just loved that whisper sound tipical from the Turbo of that era. My father had a Mercedes 300TD Station Wagon and we were always comparing both cars, he hated Mercedes and he was right, Saab was glue to tarmac while Merdeces bounced like a heavy boat, it was amazing the way Saab handle! Everytime his parent car was for maintenance he would bring a Mercedes 190 E, Audi 100CD or Volvo 740 Turbo but those were far away from that amazing blue car sportiness., Saab was the King of emotions, Turbo kick/noise remained as one of the best sensations I had as a kid. At eleven years old I bought my firts car Magazine called "Turbo" and it had Saab 900Turbo drive test Few years later another friend bought a dark matalic blue 964 Turbo, the power was insane, it was nothing, nothing , nothing and all of the sudden the hell brake loose and BANG  Smiley an immense shove of power on your back, gosh what a sensation, what a feeling!!!

It´s wonderful nowadays to go up stairs where I have my car magazine collection since 1981 and see among others the Magazine L´Automobile from 1987 with  Renault 5 GT Turbo, testing against the Peugeot 205 GTI 1.6, Fiat Uno Turbo ie, Ford XR2 and Golf GTI , those were cars from my crazy drive time. Years after I bought my very first sports car a Peugeot 205 GT! 1.9, what a car!

How about you guys, where did the bug came from Smiley

--

J.Seven

997.2 Cab 2S

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS

BMW X6 4.0D

BMW X5 4.4i V8