I always found it slightly weird since Preuninger started to use the word emotion to describe facets of Porsche's sports cars, since then this word seems to have caught on as the way to describe the feeling/sounds/NVH/performance of Porsche cars.

In English emotion defined by Oxford is: A strong feeling deriving from one’s circumstances, mood, or relationships with others

English people would not use the word emotion related to a car, it is a word used for mainly relationships with other people or living things and using it for a car is, well just a bit weird for us Brits, well me at least  indecision

I looked up some stuff on the net and it seems the Germans use this English word as an alternative to Gefuhl which seems to be more to do with "feelings" which I think is probably a more accurate way to describe what a car can do to a person ie in terms of the different feelings it can give you for example driving a Wraith to a flash party may give someone a feeling of greatness and self grandeur whereas for me feeling my engine rev from 6 to 7000rpm is the hair on the back of the neck type feeling, a real high but not an emotional high, if I crashed the car and totalled it I would feel pissed off but not emotional like I would if something even slightly bad happened to people I love

Does this make any sense, have Porsche plagiarised this word or are some of you guys emotional about this car stuff wink  

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.0 bar