This is exactly the problem: I own a 991 Turbo S and a 981 Boxster S. Whenever I switch from the Boxster to the 991, it actually feels and looks the same. 80k EUR car vs. 205k EUR car. Ouch.

I didn't know it would bother me but it does. The 991 Turbo S is quite an expensive car (compared to the competition from Ferrari and Lamborghini) and while the 991 Turbo S may, kind of, be worth it's money from a performance point of view, in no way is this car a bargain.

600 hp, sport exhaust with a nice sound, turbo "pop-off/wastegate" sound, better interior with performance display(s) and a slightly different front and tail light design and the Turbo S would be just perfect (in the sense of being "special"). As it is right now, it is a fantastic sports car but the novelty fun has kind of worn off fast I'm afraid. The interior is too close to the regular models, so is the look and the performance is great but not much better than in the 997 Turbo S and in no way ahead of the competition.

I argued with Porsche before, this is a fantastic product but no benchmark (as they advertised it). Sorry to say that.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)