reginos:
SuzyF:
Boyko23:

Not to mention paint finish... 

Paint finish on Porsches isn't that great either... I had quite some orange peel on the rear- and front bumper of my Boxster.

Blame the supplier, not that it makes a difference. Bumpers come from the suppliers already painted before assembly, according to the "just-in-time" method. I always thought that is very cost efficient from the Porsche point of view but doesn't leave much scope for a  factory quality control scrutiny if something has passed the supplier's quality net.

As to assembly in general, the man who owns a body/paint workshop that does Porsche, Bentley, Ferrari and the occasional Lamborghini was telling me that the integrity and quality of the Porsche welding and assembly are by far superior to the others.

Good to know. Didn't know they came already painted. I guess that is the downside of mass producing such a car....

The cars in general feel definitely well and solid made (apart from some minor issues, but almost every car has them I guess). No doubt about the overall build quality. It's just that I'm kinda dissapponted by the rest. But maybe that's just me. Maybe my expectations are too high.... If I had to pay US prices for the car, I probably wouldn 't be that nitpicking. Smiley

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic    [SOLD]
2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic