nberry:

The engines in the US have been destroyed. I don't know about the engines in the ROW.

I can understand the concerns over theses engines failures. But unless Porsche is deceiving its customers I believe the recent reported failures are isolated instances. The car is spectacular in every way and it would be a shame for someone to pass on the car as a result of fear instead of credible information.

Was Porsche decieving its customers when they first started production of the GT3 and delivering them to their customers with a flaw that could cause them to catch on fire? No, becasue they did not know about the issue until after they started delivering them. Whats different now?

Nick, I understand you are enjoying your GT3 and do not want to hear about reliabiliyty un such a car that is already suspect from the problem it has had in its short life span and how that can affect its image, resale, etc  but nobody knows right now if these 2 GT3 so far are islolated incidents or not, so just as bad as claiming that the GT3 is still not reliable is claiming that fear that it isn't is unwarranted by potential customers. You have no credible information on the matter.

Right IMHO now they should be treated as isolated incidents until shown otherwise, but another quite differnt is potential customers putting their hard earned cash on it without letting time show us for sure.

--