This whole thread has turned stupid IMO.

I have one of the early 991 GT3. November 2013 build. I flew to Europe picked it up in winder and drove it almost 4000 km without a single issue. My videos are on youtube. It was sublime in every way.

I ship the car to NZ and once it arrives there is an official recall. I wait three months and get a brand new engine and compensation same as the Swiss customers (my car was first registered there). I am very very happy!

I pick up my new car with new engine and I drive for 500-600km. It is an amazing car. Better than my 993RS in many ways. I take it on 10 quick laps of my local racetrack at 600km and no issues. I am with my friend who spends the whole day on the track with his 991 GT3 (I also had my 993 there and was running in new diff and gearbox so didnt get much time) and not a single issue. 9000rpm redline shifts hardly run in. Just used some oil.

So one car out of 785 replacement engines has gone bang but we have no idea why and we are hearing about it not from the owner but second hand through his friend? So what? I had a mate whos 4.0RS needed a new engine within 2 weeks of delivery! Plenty of 3.8RS engines have been replaced under warranty. Maybe the dealer who installed the engine forgot to connect the harness right and something ran foul?

To start making an internet rumour snowball out of this is just plain crazy and anyone who aids in doing this without facts is simply trying to damage the brand they say they love. Im sorry but anyone who owns a 997 Gt3 who suddenly pops up here telling tales of multiple 991 Gt3 failures doesnt wash with me either no matter how "sincere" they are. We have so many "trolls" on other boards already.

The GT3 engine may be fixed but it still lives with the tolerances of a man made machine (1-3% failure?). Nothing can be done to change that unless you are a devine being!

Just be careful you are talking with facts before you condemn Porsche again. the 991 GT3 has been nothing but perfect in the 5000km I have driven this in two countries and fast road and track.

Heres my prediction. Production will cease shortly after December for 991 GT3. 991 GT3RS will be released at Paris and production will start 01 March (this car is not being late for any sinister reason other than an appropriate launch venue and of course delays due to the 991 GT3 engine replacements). Therefore 991 GT3 production will remain at all time low of maybe 1300-1500 units total - similar or lower than 996.1 GT3. The car is fantastic there is no doubt - a big advance on the GT3 before if you are honest and not biased. Porsche will move to hybrid/turbo by end of 991 production and GT3 moniker will be abandoned so 991 GT3 in small volumes unloved after its launch due to the engine issue will in time become very valuable asset for those who still have one (not me probably). Just my thought and predictions. Porsche collectors and watch collectors  will tell you something low volume and unloved when it was made often ends up being highly collectable and very valuable in the future....