J.Seven:
Carlos from Spain:

One of the two 991GT3 owners I know of here, got his car back with the new engine and right when he grabbed the car this Monday to do a 1wk road trip along the Spanish-french coast along with other high end cars, the car's engine failed, lost the whole vacation,  and his car is back in the shop awaiting yet another engine... 

What has happened with Porsche since 1997 regarding engines reliability is unbelieveble. The first water cooled engines were a time bomb ready to explode at any time, till today there´s  9M6 engines exploding regulary, just check rennlist and there´s thousands of storys about it. This problem was only solved on 2008 with the new DFI engines that were more reliable. Now this problem with the GT3 is scary, I believe this wont be an isolated case, I would never put my hands on a 991 GT3 untill this queston is well cleared. 

The story might not be accurate. We need information before concluding.

M96: I've  had a MY M96 engined car for 9 years and 100.000km without any problems. I see the car nowadays, 5 years after, also in top health. Also my M96 987 is without problems after 7+ years and my 9A1 911 is strong after 5+ years.

You know these things are like hearing about how many have died of say cancer and thinking that we will all inevitably be affected by the disease; because no one talks about the vast majority who stay alive and healthy.

--

"Form follows function"