dreamcar:
ISUK:

I did go back and forth on PTV but read some reviews of it - both positive and negative - and decided I needed to draw a line somewhere on the cost of the car. As it won't get tracked it won't be missed. The dealer was confident it wouldn't affect resale either. I'd likely have spec'ed it had it been my daily driver indecision

I'm always sceptical about salesmens' knowledge, or lack of, ever since we received inappropriate advice on the spec for our Cayman S several years ago which ended up costing me a lot of money, so I phoned the Porsche Experience Centre this morning to ask about PTV and spoke to one of the instructors there, and he said that for normal road use PTV is not essential, but for fast cornering particularly on slippery roads it is very good by minimising understeer and in those circumstances you'd definitely feel the benefit. In summary it's the icing on the cake - worth having if you can justify the cost and not buying on a tight budget. If I end up ordering a Boxster GTS I think I will include it even though I can't throw unlimited ££ at it - maybe save some money elsewehere by choosing white rather than a metallic colour.

--

Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

Exactly my way of thinking. Smiley

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)