I ended up buying a range rover sport  six cylinder super charged. ( mostly due to the fact I didn't want to sit on a battery/emf's  again,, had one of the first cayenne turbos).   I got it without the sunroof for top heavy weight savings.  And I got the heavy duty package, which for 1300 dollars gave the two speed transfer and the rear dif which throws power to the outside wheel in corning. The car weighs 4700 lbs, vs around 5200 for an average equipped v8 sport.  It only has 19 inch all seasons ( which I wanted for going off road).   I would love the chance to chase a Jeep SRT here in the northern coastal mountains where I live.   With the eight speed in sport, this car is always choosing the right gear, maintaining  rpm's,  feels light, quick and the dif turns the back end around corner after corner.  I really wish  Land Rover instead of offering the new SVR previewing in Pebble Beach this Friday, had at least also offered a super up version of this six.  I would think they easily could extract 400-450 Plus hp and torque out of this engine,  and with a higher degree of reduced body roll and grippier tires this vehicle at 4700  lbs could really move along.   Yes, straight line speed will always be better with a V8, but turn in and playing in the twisties,,,  give me a lighter less front heavy car.