eclou:
Futch:
eclou:
Futch:
eclou:

with manufacturers working with the tire companies to make specific compounds for their factory cars, it is difficult to make generalized statements about tire performance characteristics anymore

That is mostly marketing BS to be honest. I'm very close to Michelin engineers through my racing activities in WEC and ELMS and 90% of the time, the tyre is not specific to the model. 

A good example is Porsche with the Carrera GT. They claimed they worked with Michelin to develop an N0 tyre blah blah, it's pure BS.

The tyre is identical to the non N0 supersport, bar the fact it's 335 wide and not 345. 

Don't fall for manufacturer's crap. Wait til the warranty expires and put the tyre you want. Adjust the pressures depending on engine location and enjoy your car with your favorite tyres brand, period.

As soon as the awful Pirelli Corsa are done on my LaFerrari, I'm putting Cup 2 and a proper harness, it should transform the experience.

I don't doubt what you are saying, but the N spec Pilot Cup Sports were nothing like the non-N spec that some ran on the track. I've seen a stack of 4 235/35/19 in the N spec next to a stack of 4 non- N and there is dimensionally increased width even

How can they be different in width if they are both 235?

That's the whole point. The N-spec MPSC (gen 1) and non-N were 2 different tires - non-N was far grippier compound and fractionally wider, despite both sharing the same label. Very well known quirk. Some manufacturers including Michelin, Hoosier, Toyo, etc have made "cheater" tires to comply with class specs for club racers. Some 235's are as wide as 255 street tires. Ask your Michelin buddies about it

i just did and he denied. He says the tolerance on tyre width if less than 5mm, which makes sense. So in his words you will never find a Michelin tyres that labels 235 mm wide and will be 255. Which frankly, makes sense.

He did however say that between two tyres of same dimensions, the tyre compound can differ depending on manufacturer spec, for example and N rated tyre and a non rated tyre, but not all of them (ex: the supersport N0 for the GT).

I will be in Texas for the 6 hours of the WEC at COTA, maybe see you there!