I had the chance to drive the i8. I have to say, it's a really great car. kiss

First the looks: though some may say it looks odd, when you see it live, it all works. The design elements give it a very futuristic look, it all goes together really well. It may be colour sensitiv though, my test car was silver-black with blue accents and I really liked it. All black with blue may look a bit bland.
The interior is very nice, high build quality, great electronic displays that really do their job (much better than the electronic crap in the current Ferrari for example), futuristic but absolutely usefully. Seat comfort once you're in is very nice and the rear seats are fine for children, my son liked it, I was only in the driver seat.

The (synthetic) engine noise is quite impressive for a 3-cylinder, it does the job, but the real stunner is the eletric drive. For me it was really impressive to drive such a car without any engine noise and to use the potential of the electric engines. Electric and petrol engines work together in perfect symbiosis, you have the choice of different driving modes like sport, comfort, eco pro and pure electric.

The power which is combined something like 362 hp is fine and really sufficient under most circumstances. Accelerating to 200 kph was no problem at all and due to assistance of the e-engine quite impressive. At higher speed you can feel the loss of power. But for most situations the power of the i8 should be more than enough. Yet the only real criticism I have is the fact, that this car "only" has 362 hp, though it looks as if it had something like 600. blush
In fact although they share the same e-engine, the i3 has 40 hp more than the i8. So BMW should give the i8 at least the same e-power (171 hp) as in the i3, but it would be best to give it something like 250 electric and 350 petrol horses.

But all in all I have to say I'm really impressed by the BMW i8, for me this really could be the future of the automobile and if we only drive such cars in the future, well, I'm fine with that.
Comparing the i8 for example with a 991 Carrera which has about the same power, is like comparing a Boeing Dreamliner to a Junkers F13. indecision

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.