Rossi:
Grant:
Rossi:
Grant:
Rossi:
GR:

Especially with monstrous 20" wheels and tyres, which negate much of the saving.  And if it wasn't for such low profile tyres you wouldn't need the extra weight of PASM either

Absolutely agree. I find the insane growth in rim-size rather disturbing. Yes, 20"-wheels (or bigger) may look impressive at first sight (though looks are very subjective), but at least for me rim size went over the top in last years. Give me 17" and 18" for standard and 18" and 19" for perfomance cars, that's enough for me.

Hard to fit 410mm brake rotors inside smaller wheels

Of course you are right with that, but let me ask: do we really need 410mm brake rotors, is that really neccessary? Smiley

When you have a car that is both quite heavy and very fast, there is a tremendous amount of heat energy to be dissipated at the race track.  Big brakes are necessary when you combine heavy, fast, and track driving.  If you only have 2 of the above, then you can survive with smaller brakes.

in the case of the GT3, you also have a 4th variable, large sticky track tires that come standard on the car and a mild amount of aero downforce which is the 5th element.  Yes, I would need big brakes on this car!

Definition of "big", please, for me 380 mm seems big enough. Smiley

I'd rather have 410's, but even 380's are going to need 19" wheels, right?  I have upgraded 355mm Brembo 6-piston brakes on the Evo and they are not big enough at the track (weighs about same as GT3 with smaller tires and less power).  I have 300mm Brembo 4-piston brakes on the 73 911 and they are the only track brakes I've ever had that are fully capable, no matter how abused (much less weight to stop).

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550