KresoF1:

Really?

And excellent drive dynamics can be provided only in rear engine layout?

Yes. No.

Read the test above. Chassis score for M4 vs 991. You keep talking about tests showing that the M4 is faster in straight line than the 991. I believe that and I have no issue with that, because this figure is not much relevant to me. I also believe that the 991 handles better. That does not mean that excellent driving dynamics can only be provided in rear engine layout. Where did you get that from? Did IQ drop around here recently?

Then again, what is all that power necessary for when you have no traction? Out of coincidence an E92 M3 pulled up next to me at the traffic lights. It has been pissing down all day and the road is beyond wet. When it turned green I heard his engine rev up, so I floored it... that is how mature I am Smiley The rev built up, the PDK engaged 1st gear and with a split second hesitation the four wheels got traction and with a jolt the car leaped forward. 2nd gear shift at full throttle, a slight jolt and when passing ca. 80km/h I looked in the rear view mirror... the M3 was still down at the traffic lights, wiggling its butt trying to take off with no grip.

That is real world. No test. No numbers. Just a superior all weather sports car Smiley

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE

2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White