Joost:

M4Ever,
Thanks for the story and pictures mate! I don't know what it is with 993's, but every time I see one, I get a little bit weak in the knees :-)
Looking forward to reading about the 2.0s restauration project. Could you make a nice thread out of that as well with some regular updates? I think it is the kind of content that Rennteam could really use (look at the reactions to Iain's thread for example), and for me personally, I love to follow those threads as well, especially on a slow Friday afternoon... indecision

Thanks again!
-Joost-

HI Joost, thank you very much. Those are timeless cars I know your feeling. I wished to have one when they came out in 1994 (I was 24 then and obviously could not afford to buy one but as the famous Porsche ad says there is a moment you wish one and there is the moment you own one and some 20-30 years in between).  My 911 S restoration project will be a serious challenge. The focus in the next months will be the preparation of the restoration project because my plan is to save where possible the original parts of the car. I estimate that will take about 2 years to complete it. The shop that will do the project is specialized in 2.7 RS restorations (actually it is the one in the 993 photos) and I think the car will be in good hands. Sure I will post the progress - but  the start it is still some months away .