noone1:

I personally don't understand why motor cycles are even allowed on medium to high-speed roads. It's a ridiculous and unfair liability on the part of car drivers. Where I'm from they don't even have mandatory helmet laws. It's absurd.

It is soooooo easy for someone a motorcycle to fall and get seriously injured from even the smallest of mistakes by a car driver. You could easily kill a rider by just nudging their bike slightly on accident. What would just be a case of broken tail light, a scratch, or even maybe just a honk of the horn could kill someone on a motorcycle.

The government and manufacturers are always, and with good reason, working to make cars safer. What are they doing about motor cycles? Well, nothing, because there is no way to make motorcycle safe. They say motorcycle accidents are 4x as likely to result in injury or death, and I bet that injury is a hell of a lot worse too.

You could add a special licence for motorcycle riders. Oh wait, no that was a different thread Smiley

Interestingly, the concerns you have with motorcycle riders equally apply to the "high speed license" drivers in Cram's thread which were going to be so elegantly resolved with a licence. It would have similar effect on accidents and injuries when one guy drives 250km/h and the rest 120km/h...

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE

2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White