RC:
sondek71:

It looks like Porsche has now properly finished the development process of the car. Looks like the engineers finally got through to the management while explaining that the car ist not ready yet in March 2013. I think a field test of this dimension was however never part of the planning angry they simply applied the banana maturity process - the product matures at home of the customers.

I am optimistic that they have now sorted out all the difficulties and everyone has their cars on the track the latest by the end of October.

Every single Porsche gets various "updates" and improvements all the time. Many owners aren't even aware of it because it happens during scheduled maintenance visits to the dealership and/or during the production cycle. So often, that a car manufactured at the beginning of a model year may be slightly different in setup and various hardware parts than the car manufactured at the end of the model year. Porsche simply has applied some improvements which, without the engine issue, may have never been made public or become public knowledge. Of course Porsche also wanted to provide owners with some improvements as a goodie, this is true but most of them are part of the normal development cycle. 

To make it short: The car was ready to go, Porsche did not sell a prototype to customers or a car which wasn't ready. The engine issue was just bad luck (yes, I have repeated it before and before but you guys seem to believe the press more, so... Smiley). Let's just hope that everything is OK now, the GT3 is a wonderful car.

Indeed. Look at recall statistics for other brands and the GT3 recall will seem like a popcorn fart in comparison. It is nothing else than Porsche being responsible and precocious which media and Internet forums turned around to the negative.

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE

2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White