Gnil:

Doesn't 2015 model year always start after the summer factory holiday ?

That is historical myth.  Even my MY1973 911T (VIN # 9113100035) was built on first day of MY1973 production - in early July of 1972!  That was way before the August holidays that closed down the factory.  We have had instances for certain models (e.g. MY2011 gt3 RS or MY2012 Boxster Spyders) where the MY production started extremely early - in March or April of calendar 2010 & 2011 respectively!  Neither of these models were 'new' (like the current Targa) when early MY production took place, so that is not the limiting factor!  Start of model year is all predicated in a variety of factors - compliance with country regulations at vehicle's destinations, Euro-Cycle emissions deadlines*, supplier issues (Just-in-Time/ Just-in-Sequence logistics), etc.  Lucky for Porsche, this is NOT a facelift year re: the 991!  So the model year changes are minimal.  

MY2015 991 Targas will start production next week, I don't see why all other 991 models would also start MY2015 in that time-frame.  The uncertainty regarding when MY2015 gt3's will start production is based on the consequences of the stop sale & modified gt3 engine production.  Here is a typical post on the subject from Rennlist in the US today:

"The US COO said to me last week, ALL 2015 GT3's set for production as of the time we spoke are only for the 2014 customers that their cars never started production. Guys not sure how much clearer that can be. No other GT32015's are planned for production beyond the 2014 customers."

I highly doubt that.  I believe that ROW customers with allocations for early MY2015 gt3's will be built on schedule when ever MY2015 starts for 991's (assuming gt3 engine issues are solved).  So let me ask again, does anyone in this forum knows for certain of a MY2015 gt3 vehicle scheduled for production in May, June or July of 2014?  Thank you in advance for your responses.

Saludos, Eduardo Vail Valley, Colorado

*There is a Euro-Cycle 6 emissions deadline on 1st September, 2014 but we don't know how that will impact the not-so-economical NA gt3 motor!