The Macan is a highly interesting product, no doubt about it but I think that we shouldn't kid ourselves. Everything "under" the Macan S is quite frankly "ridiculous" performance-wise. Even the Macan S is questionable.

I also miss a Macan performance monster, like a Macan Turbo S with 440 hp or even more.

In the beginning, I thought the Macan Turbo is a bargain and it actually is compared to the Cayenne GTS or Cayenne S but in the end, it is actually a pretty expensive product. The car I configured was over 100k EUR and a Turbo S will probably easily hit 120k EUR. Yes, the competition doesn't really have something similar right now but they are closing in. I wouldn't be surprised to see a BMW X3 M at some point, Audi may hold back with their Q5 but how long? Also, I am pretty sure that Mercedes will present a GLK AMG version at some point and other manufacturers won't be far behind. 

I like the Macan but I still think that whoever needs a SUV, should opt for the Cayenne instead. Just took another look at the Macan yesterday and the luggage room and rear passenger compartment are, how to put it...quite limited. Yes, I may compare it to the Jeep GC or the Cayenne, which is a little bit unfair but for a lifestyle SUV for usage without kids and luggage, the Macan is way too expensive. 

Difficult decision when my X3 wife's lease runs out. She isn't too fond of the Macan I' afraid.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)