Rossi:
reginos:
bluelines:
KresoF1:
Tested 650S is a Spider version.

650S Coupe is even faster.

Btw, 991 GT2 RS will never happen...

Especially not as a cabrio Smiley So not comparable to the tested 650S.

For Porsche to present a credible rival in this class, they have to come up with the rumoured Flat 8 turbocharged 960.

Any 911, no matter how fast it is made to be, is a different type of sports car and has a different type of appeal.

The Turbo S vs 650S rivalry is artificial and it is promoted in the absence of real rivals available for testing by the media.

OTOH it is a big compliment for the ubiquitous Porsche to be compared to a super expensive (except in Switzerland) and bespoke sports car, manufactured in very small numbers.

I would not go that far and call a TTS vs 650S (or whatever midengined competitor you would choose) artifical. Firstly it was Porsche who always claimed that their Turbo-models are headed against the - mostly Italian - midengined rivals. When you have a look into the internal dealer model documents during the lauch of a new top-model 911, they always compare the Turbo against cars like Gallardo/Huracan, F430/458 and usual suspects. Secondly, since Porsche decided to price the new TTS only a tad (if any) below the contenders, they have to put up with such a comparison.

Excellent analysis Stefan!

I also decided that 185K €(german price) is upper limit what I am willing to pay for 991. So, 991 Turbo for me, not Turbo S. Also, I drove both Turbo and Turbo S on the same day and I did not noticed any difference at all. They even sounded the same to me.

I know that most 991 Turbo S owners are sure that their car is faster then 991 Turbo. But, I know the truth and that truth is not an easy thing to swollow... In real world daily driving on pubic road or authbahn there is NO difference between 991 Turbo and Turbo S.