Quote:
bexx said:
"Haha, what was the point of that? If they really wanted to compare the cars they should have driven them one-by-one. "

Man you can tell this is a 911 forum :P. That is just a clip, you can go buy the full dvd- cars are always driving individually.

Look at what the 997S was competing against, its not like its a vastly superior car. A turbo would have fit in better with that competition.

M5 Gallardo and GTR all have at least 500hp. That GTR's 500hp is also VERY conservative, that last straight it passes 3 cars.

If you watch alot of Bestmotorings the driver and track make a big difference... and even with a better driver and optimal track though, I think the 997S would have problems with those cars.

I mean if you look at the attack times:
#1 Gallardo 1.37.53
#2 GTR 1.37.55
#3 M3CSL 1.39.93
#4 997S 1.40.29
#5 M5 1.41.88

Those numbers look very realistic.. its not like the 997S is the fastest car and it finished last... its one of the slower ones and had a bad start.

Best Motoring time attack times (the numbers above) are done by the same driver that races. So this times are not from the very same driver.

I have another race around Sugo (smae track) where the 997S beats the NSX-R, 360 Modena, 996 Turbo (X73 and PCCB) in this order

Then I can show you another video at Sugo (same track) were the 996 (standard) destroys a 360 Modena, so it has a little to do with the driver

However those time-attack times seem about right with the 997S producing the same time of the CSL (remember cup tyres) and 1.5 seconds better than M5 that they both could not pass