Grant:
hzoenvy33:
Grant:
hzoenvy33:
Grant:
WAY:

It would mean Porsche has confirmed that the GT3RS will indeed be based on the GT3 engine. None of this will-it-be-turbo-and-be-called-GT2RS nonsense. Thank goodness for that!!!

Not sure you can conclude that.  RC has hinted that the GT2RS (or whatever it's called) might be a turbocharged version of the GT3 motor (rather than just a turbocharged version of the Carrera motor, which is largely what the current Turbo is).

I think that WAY is absolutely correct..

Probably Porsche will do a GT2 RS in addition (!) to the GT3 RS.

The GT3 RS prototypes are 100.0% not turbo-charged. I studied this stuff, trust me ;)

Yes, that is the most likely result - glad to hear it.  I hope any potential GT2 or GT2 RS does use GT3 engine as its basis though...

Hm, I'm not sure but wasn't the GT2 always based on the turbo? I think it's probably easier to increase the power of a turbo (I think in the 997 GT2 RS it was higher pressure and maybe larer intercoolers?) than strap a turbo on the GT3 engine.

Has anyone an idea what the highest revving turbo-charged engines are out there? I can't imagine that they will make a 9k rpm turbo, that probably isn't going very well :)

The GT2/RS was always a true dry sump (Mezger) motor, even after the Turbo went to integrated dry sump 9A1.  The highest revving turbo motors currently are the McLarens I think (8,500 rpm)

There were discussions that the 991 GT2 RS could include "KERS boost" as part of the powertrain...

Smiley SmileySmiley