GTlover:

Last thing, think about the GT2RS..it did the sport Auto test in 7:24..it will still take some time before a 991 wil beat that with ease..and Im not talking about a 7:23..Im talking about something really that beats it by 5-7seconds..whether that will ever happen? Basically, Im just trying to say that some of this "old metal" isnt that slow, and in an exceptional case its even very very fast..and solidSmiley

I'm going to use my big crystal ball and say: The GT3 RS will clock a 7:22 at the Nurburgring, and if they make a GT2 RS of the 991, this car will be in the range of 7:15-7:18 ;)

I'm with you though that the 997 GT2 RS is a great machine and that it definitely isn't "slow". The difference between NS times will be smaller and smaller. If the 918 is just able to be below 7 minutes, the room for 7 seconds improvement is just not there... (Just think about what would happen if the 911 would be able to be within 5-10 seconds of the 4 times more expensive 918).

Porsche needed two generations of 911 to be at the CGT pace, probably that will be the same for the 918 time (but to be honest, I think it's getting quite ridiculous to be faster than that). If someone crashes at Schwedenkreuz with like 300kph just to drive below 6:50 or so, that is going to be really problematic...

The thing is though, I think that "everybody" can drive fast with a 991 GT3 with PDK. To be fast in a 997 GT2 RS you should know what you are doing. Probably 80% of the customers (even for the GT cars) aren't able to be close to the limit of the car. So probably "normal guy" is faster in the "slower" 991 GT3.