I think we can all sit here all day arguing about what is a sports car and never come to an agreement. Different people have different definition of sports car. For me, sports car is not just about speed, or I would be calling a M3 a sports car too. For me, a sports car needs to have a level of rawness to it, be it the engine, chassis, gearbox or steering. And even then different people have different definition on what constitute raw. For someone who drives a C250 like my father for example, would think a Carrera engine is raw. For someone who owns a Caterham 7, a carrera engine is like a luxury car. For me personally, the 991 S or Turbo S is not a sports car by that definition. Having said that, I don't think of them as GT either. GTs are cars like M6 - big and heavy cars that car comfortable and fast. I now have a new category in my mind, luxury sports car if you need a name for it, for cars like Carrera S or even turbo S. Fast, light (relatively speaking), great handling cars, that doesn't have the rawness of cars like GT3. I think most of the high end performance cars now fall into my definition of luxury sports car due to market demand. They make much more sense as they can be used as dd whereas it's much harder to use a GT3 as a dd.