SuzyF:
bluelines:
Boxster Coupe GTS:

Porsche might estimate that there are up to 5,000 existing GT3 / RS customers that would be interested in a manual transmission in a new 991 GT3 / RS model. Assuming an average price of around $150,000+ per vehicle, that represents potential incremental sales revenue to Porsche of up to $750 million... Smiley

On that basis, it seems highly likely that Porsche would consider offering a new 991 GT3 / RS model with a manual transmission for existing GT3 / RS customers... driving.gif

Smiley SmileySmiley

I think you forgot the additional cost of R&D, testing and supplying in your equation Smiley

As to the 5000... is that before or after those 5000 have actually tried a GT3 with PDK? Smiley I think even the most hardcore purist fanboys will doubt their need for a manual once they tried the PDK in the GT3. Especially on a track.

+991 Smiley

After all the pointless debates of manual vs. PDK, I still don't get the whole sentimental thing about those ancient manuals and the "involvement"-thing. Yes, I like manuals too from time to time (have one in my Boxster), but I would be glad to trade it for a PDK! 

Why on earth would Porsche offer a manual in their most track orientated 911 roadcar?! That's like putting winter tyres on a car when there's a heatwave. It surely can be done, but it's kinda pointless....Smiley

c'mon suzy, just as you think retro beetle-911's are beautiful, some people enjoy retro manual shifting. i myself prefer a double clutch, but there is no denying that it takes away involvement. and for some this is more important than the color of the stitching in the car's interior.